6/6/13 Thursday at Buchanan, MI (Bear Cave Resort-TT/Mid Atlantic)
We both had a hard time sleeping last night. Maybe due to the heat. Maybe because I was concerned about their abilities to figure out where the leak is coming from. Of course, we needed to get up around 6 am so we could be ready to leave the rig, all closed up and ready to move.
After talking with the technician, I was feeling a bit more confident. We took our computers into the Lobby and worked with them a while. The rest of the morning we spent talking with Bob and Kathie, our neighbors here at Monaco RV Factory. First about repair issues, then financial issues in retirement. Wonderful. We got our lunches at our own rigs, then went grocery shopping. When we returned the technicians were spraying water on the bad leak side of the motor home, finding that after an hour it began to leak. Dang! So they are trying to seal another molding piece in that area. At that point, John and I retired to the Lobby, where we got to talking with Bob and Kathie again.
Kim called us into her office for information to be added to their record for our Zanzibar. She was aghast that the service people were not eager to repair our other 2 leaks. I explained that it was because the one would be very expensive and time consuming and the other is hard to figure out. Later the lead tech explained that they had the new sealant on, but would need to wait until tomorrow to actually test with water for the leak. So we’ll stay another night.