6/24/13 Monday at Stockbridge, MI (Heartland Woods RV Resort-RPI-$10/night)
We survived the hot night, thanks to air conditioning! You might call this a work day. I spent the morning cleaning house and writing the blog while John spent it cleaning out our Honda and checking out computer stuff.
After lunch I uploaded the photos and posted the blog. Whew! Now my day is free! Well, almost. Now I checked on the path we’ll take to St. Clair. John’s path was very different than mine. So I asked our neighbors if they knew of a “best” way. Larry said yes, and his path was different from both of ours. He convinced me. John’s not so sure yet. He’s the driver, but I hope he takes Larry’s route.
At this point John called Larry’s RV (no relation to Larry) regarding the special order strut he’d ordered. They said it was in, but not unpacked yet. By the time John would get there, it would be. I decided to stay home and babysit our voltage, which had started to drop precipitously. Before long, I had to turn the fridge to propane and the A/C off. I stayed outside, reading.
Soon, John got back, having fueled the car and bought wiper fluid while he was out. He did a great job getting the strut in place. Yay, our compartment door will now stay open when we lift it.
For supper time, we turned on the generator again. Once more, after an hour, we found the voltage was recovering (around 7:30 pm). We’ve gotten rain periodically, but we plan to get outside to prep the rig for our travel day tomorrow.
Another hot, humid night is in store.